Friday 25 June 2021

Maths Activity.

 Talofa bloggers.

On Wednesday, we did some measurements around our school. We had cardboard and folded them into quarters and cut them to the same size. Then we stuck them together with sticky tape and checked if it is 2 meters. We used 2 squares on the mat to check their size. If it isn't, then stick two more then it will be 2 meters. If it is over the 2 boxes, then trim the piece that is sticking out. Once it is done then we could go outside and find 5 things that was 1 meters or 2 meters long, then we wrote it down in our book I measured the door, bench the cone cupboard and the floor.. write the object that is a meter and write the meters. I learnt  that I can build my own ruler and how to check that is a meter. It was my first time making a ruler made out of cardboard.

I really enjoy this because I haven't done this before.


Wooden Ruler 1 Metre | OfficeMax NZ Wooden Ruler 30cm | OfficeMax NZ 


3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei
    We have done measuring too and we watched a video about the area. We Made a mini golf course then we measure it.maybe you can add more detail
    comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nijel I'm Ben I have also been measuring,I've been measuring a golf course but not a real golf course a digital golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nijel you have done a very nice blog post about measurement, I want to do the same think you did, It sounds fun really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.